Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fire destroys church library


In the early hours of December 11 a fire was discovered raging in the First Baptist Church of Magee, Mississippi.

According to a Magee fireman, the origin of the fire seemed to be in the library / church office area. Fire Chief Lane Steele said," the construction of the church...is what helped save this building. The concrete floors contained the fire from spreading. We have much to be thankful for."
The library was completely burned with books in burned piles. The  adjacent office was gutted, destroying church records and files.
Steele believed the fire to be accidental in cause, with no foul play suspected.

Since the fire, the church has carried on with it's ministries while cleaning up and preparing for restoration work to gutted offices and classrooms.

Read more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make libraries in churches better!