Microsoft Excel is fairly ubiquitous- the church office probably uses it if you don't have it on your home computer. Here are a few ideas using Excel:
- Excel book collection: this is a simple table format to list items in your collection.
- Another idea is cool and does what LibraryThing doesn't: an Excel template that calculates due dates for items out.
- Book collection Access database
- DVD collection Access database
- Video collection Access database
- Music collection Access database
Or, for more help learning these common Microsoft tools check out Youtube for tutorials.
I would caution you however; if you are on a tight budget and if all you want is a list of authors, titles, call numbers, etc then LibraryThing eliminates the drudgery of data entry that would be required using Excel or Access.